Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Mumbai Affair!

I wanted to write Thane instead of Mumbai but that wouldn't have made for a good title (Mumbai is a brand na) plus don't you think Thane and Mumbai are pretty similar (well maybe not!!). Anyway, so after my training programme in Bhubaneshwar, I came to Thane and boy! What a roller coaster ride this has been! This blog post is dedicated to Thane and all the wonderful people that I got acquainted with while in Thane!

It was Bhubaneshwar which gave me a chance to know Rohini & Shikha better......never really thought at that point of time that they would end up being my best friends! :) Moving on to the Mumbai experience, we rented an apartment close to office. Let me tell you the whole apartment hunt was not entirely easy...dealing with brokers, landlords etc. But every little experience teaches you something so it's best to take it all in your stride isn't it?! Staying away from home and being on your own was by all means, a challenge but it came with a silver lining (=getting to visit Pune on weekends!). The frequent Pune trips mad life easy and as time passed by, Thane became fun too with Rohini and Shikha around. We did have some unpleasant experiences thanks to the locality where we stayed but constant blogging brought back the lost energy in me :) I admit that all these annoying incidents irritated me like crazy but Rohini on the other hand, used to be really cool about it! Don't know how she does that! Oh by the way, I have been taking a cue from that and things are different now! What I truly admire about Rohini is her carefree attitude and this whole prinicple of staying happy no matter what! For someone like me who kept worrying all the time, having someone like her made a lot of difference :) Later on, she got a transfer to TCS Pune owing to her marriage and that left Shikha and me here.

Now there were a few changes that took place. a) We changed our apartment which was much closer to office (Ashar Residency...it rocks!) b) I got my bro's Activa to Thane which meant a lot of cool rides in the city :) New apartment came with new roomies (except Shikha) and all those FB posts are a testimony to the fact that I have had a tough time putting up with my roomies so no additional description needed I believe :D On the work front, things were fairly decent....I got a great team to work with...everyone used to get super-excited on discovering that somebody had a reason to treat the entire team! So we went to a lot of places for team lunches and trust me, every single lunch has been a laugh-till-you-cry affair :D Then IPL happened....yes we witnessed MI vs DC at the DY Patil Stadium when IPL made its first appearance back in 2008! And Team Moto was there cheering all the way! :) That was sheer fun!! It didn't stop at that...we took a trip to Lonavala, then Murud Janjira after a few months....Kelva Beach later on! We partied on New Year's eve...ushering in 2009 and having a blast! :) Oh it's been soooooo much fun all this while :) Now that I'm moving to a different phase of life, in retrospect, everything looks absolutely brilliant! I'm glad I got to stay here in Thane to let all this happen to me!! :)

Before I end this blog post, I want to mention some of the names associated with my Mumbai experience; these are the people who I would say, taught me a thing or two....
Rohini, Shikha, Sumit, Sneha, KJ, Mona, Vivek, Shrishail, Suraj, Anurag, Ashutosh, Shivendra, Bhushan, Bijayita, Kiran, Amit, Mohit, Rajat, Asma, Sunil (thanks to you I converted my MBA call!!) and Pragya, Deepkaran, Anirudh, Rahul, Sarvesh - you guys have been excellent colleagues (friends too) to work with!!

All you guys ROCK!! Will miss you!

3 comments:

Pragya said...

Hey Rucha...it was great working with you...u always being helpfull...the last few months spent with u were really great...specially sharing all the bitchy talks ;)
will surely miss u!!!
All the Best for your future endeavors!!!

Shantanu said...

nice read :) totally relate to what u must be feeling...

John Smith K said...

Hi Rucha... I din know you were an author of a book called "catchrucha". Feels good as I read on.. Am a follower !!