Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Battling it out....who knows what's neXt!

I was dreaming about God knows what when my alarm went off at 7 and as usual I put it off(know what I have gone past the snooze phase..just goes to show how shameless I've become but something that comes naturally to all late risers right!! :D)...anyway and suddenly at 8 I woke up thinking that I'm gonna be late for work...I looked out of the window and checked the time(8 am as I said)...I kept comparing the view outside and my watch just to make sure if
everything was fine...no, coz at 8 in the morning there was rather economical light and that had me wondering if I was dizzy or what! Believe it or not but it seemed like it was 6 something (I tell ya it was pretty dark) but honestly that's a guess coz I haven't really seen of late, what it is like at 6 in the morning! Needless to say, it was raining as well...and I could see the roads soon getting waterlogged...little did I know what was in store for me later...
By the time I got ready to leave for work, the water level had clearly risen but I never thought, getting to office would end up becoming a nightmare! I stepped out of my building only to find the place completely inundated...never mind I thought...n I waded through the pool of water and made it to the gate somehow...I was partially drenched by now..just when I reached the gate, I realized I had to cross a gushing stream of water flowing across from the gate thanks to the nullah nearby...didn't seem such a difficult task till I actually got there...just for the record, it was raining cats n dogs and here I was staring at the stream...caught in a dilemma whether to go ahead or step back..
Logic said, better go back home and forget about everything else but you can bunk college ya like that and not work [at least technically ;)]!! So I mustered all the courage I had and started moving forward and no matter how hard I tried just couldn't get past it :( I needed a rick to get to office n I didn't want to be stranded like that so I started looking for help....and miraculously, I spotted a rickshaw on the road and the only hitch that remained now was getting into it. The overflowing nullah problem was what I had to overcome...gosh...the current was so strong that had I fallen into it, I would have hurt myself badly and that tells you, this socalled adventure didn't go to the extent that I slumped to the ground or something like that..now people like my bro must be really disappointed after having discovered this haha..just kidding!!
Anyway so this woman got down from the rick and was really sane enough to lend me a helping hand and that's how I landed in the rick but honestly while I was crossing this stream it felt like I was in one of those water kingdom rides...only difference was the water which was anything but clean ew....
While I was on my way to office, I looked around and realized that life, elsewhere, was more or less normal...hardly any water logged areas...I was like wth....turned out that our colony (read New Harvard Garden Society) was one of the few "priviliged" ones to be staring at this whole flood like situation!! But then, such is life dearies :O :D

1 comment:

Shantanu said...

hmmm...u inspire me to blog abt my Bangalore experiences :)