Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bollywood of yore!

As I write this post I realize,I haven't visited my blog in ages which means I have not blogged for a really long time :( But I am going to make that a thing of the past as I have decided to return to the blog world. This time I plan to do different things. Let those 'different things' unfold gradually :)

So, just when I thought of unwinding this weekend, what instantly came to my mind was music. But when I decided to make a playlist, I figured there weren't any new songs good enough to listen to! Needless to say, I put up a post on FB expressing my disappointment :D But why is this happening? Why is Bollywood not delivering? I feel Ra One, The Dirty Picture, Mere Brother ki Dulhan, Don 2 were some of the movies which gave us songs worth featuring on our playlists :) But that's about it! Why do I keep going back to songs from Darr, DDLJ, Yes Boss, QSQT, Dil, DTPH? Perhaps, it is the melody that casts a spell, the composition that sounds so honest & sweet!

As I listen to Dil ko tumse pyaar hua from RHTDM right now, I feel like saying "Good ol' Bollywood, where art thou??"!!

1 comment:

Shruti Pimplikar said...

I so agree..i revert to 90's and the early 2000 music all the time :D :D
These days music is hopeless or copied!