Monday, December 21, 2009

Uncertainty rules our lives!

Why is life inundated with uncertainties? I understand that we all need some excitement, thrill, adventure in life but that doesn't mean one should always be surrounded by maybes and maybe nots, right?! If you look at all the decisions that you need to take, be it on the professional or for that matter even personal front; the uncertainty element is inherent and you gotta play your game keeping that in mind! Tough! Making things happen is not that easy after all. And for someone like me who thinks too much, it gets really difficult at times. It becomes all the more difficult when you mess something up. Hell yeah!! If you ask me what is the one word or bunch of words I would never ever like to use, it has to be "messing things up". More often than not, it is not the lack of knowledge/skill/tact that spoils your plans; it's the pressure that does...and then we end up saying maybe luck wasn't on your side! Yeah right! Luck is such a chancy phenomenon that you have to think twice in order to believe it exists. Okay, I'm not here to talk about luck right! So, there are these bloopers which keep surfacing once in a while reminding you that they exist and bring along with them various phases. To begin with, the goof up phase is followed by the dilemma phase which adds to the restlessness quotient and here's where your patience is tested and you are like why me????!!!!! I don't know how many of you have experienced this but this is precisely what I'm going through right now and is probably the reason why I thought of blogging.


Whoever said that I want to know what my life would be like, 2-3 years down the line? I'm totally fine with the surprise element :) however, I could certainly do without the uncertainty factor!! Getting rid of it completely is kinda hypothetical but I would definitely not mind if the UI (Uncertainty Index) dropped by a few points :) And for that to happen, maybe I need to pull up my socks ("socks" reminds me I have to go shopping :D)!! But seriously, I realize something needs to be done about this and now that I know what the "what" part is, the "how" portion of it, as Rhonda Byrne puts in The Secret, would be taken care of! (Thanks Universe!!) So, on that note and a positive one at that, I sign off!! But hey before I do that, I would like to honour uncertainties by saying just two words- BUZZ OFF!! :D

No comments: